Spring Tour 2016: Vienna, Salzburg, and Prague!
This upcoming Spring Break the choir will be embarking on a “Best of Austria & Prague” tour to Vienna, Salzburg, and Prague. The choir will sing in the Salzburg Cathedral together with the Salzburg Cathedral Choir, will perform a recital at Melk Abbey, and will perform in St. Stephen’s Cathedral in Vienna in addition to presenting a concert in St. Vitus Cathedral in Prague.
In addition to singing in the Basilica of the Sacred Heart, the Choir makes an annual domestic tour to bring its ministry of sacred music to a wider audience. Past domestic itineraries have included:
- New England
- The west coast
- The southern states
- Great Lakes region
In addition, the Choir embarks on international tours. Past international tours have included:
- 2014: France with trips to Bayeux, Rouen, Lisieux, Solesmes, Chartres, and Paris – including a performance at Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris and La Madélèine.
- 2012: Italy tour in Rome, Vatican City, Florence, and Assisi.
- 2007: Spain, performing in the cities of Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, and on the Mediterranean island of Mallorca.
- 2003: Italy, visiting multiple Italian cities and singing at a Papal Audience.
- 1999: France, including concerts in Paris, Chartres, Reims, and LeMans (the home of the Congregation of the Holy Cross, which founded and now operates the University of Notre Dame).